Dedication in the Seton Legacy Garden

Several years ago, on the grounds of the Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsburg, Maryland (USA), the land on which Mother Seton walked, a special garden called the “Legacy Garden” was installed. The garden is dedicated to the 13 congregations of religious women that grew from the original congregation founded by Mother Seton. This includes the Daughters of Charity, with whom the Sisters in Emmitsburg joined back in 1850.

On April 8, 2021, a special ceremony was held to dedicate new stones added to the garden.

Sister Kathleen Appler – remembrance stone – Seton Legacy Garden, Emmitsburg

A special stone was installed in memory of Sister Kathleen Appler, Superioress of the Daughters of Charity until her death in March of 2020. Among the many people present for the dedication were Sr. Kathleen’s sister, Diane and her husband Dale Brown. Three members of the Provincial Council joined Diane and Dale as they visited the altar with the remains of Mother Seton and viewed the stone dedicated to Sister Kathleen in the Legacy Garden. It was a meaningful and simple ceremony that meant a lot to the Daughters of Charity and to Sister Kathleen’s family.

Similar articles

Belgium-France-Switzerland

A Nod from the Lord

At the request of the Prefecture and in partnership with the Red Cross, the “Œuvre du Berceau de Saint Vincent

Read more…