Celebration of the 200 years of the Motherhouse of the Daughters of Charity on the rue du Bac
On 28 June 1815, the Daughters of Charity arrived at their 5th Motherhouse.
In order to celebrate this event, we were invited to gather in the “Seminary Garden,” on the evening of Sunday, 10 May 2015.
With a candle in hand, we left in procession toward the Chapel, crossing through the oldest part of the house. Symbolically, we traveled the nearly 200 years of the Company’s history.
For this commemoration, we received the personal blessing of Pope Francis (see photo):
“His Holiness Francis wholeheartedly grants his Apostolic Blessing as a pledge of divine grace and the protection of the Immaculate Virgin Mary, to the Company of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul, on the occasion of the commemoration of the 2nd centenary of the establishment of its Motherhouse on the rue du Bac.
1815 – 28 June – 2015”
We gave thanks to the Lord with hymns of praise, listened to his Word, and received his blessing. We entrusted to him the continuation of the journey.
In the name of the Lord, peace to this house and to the entire Company of the Daughters of Charity!